Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dyson vs Popcorn

A couple years ago we decided to invest in the most powerful piece of vacumonic technology available outside of the former Soviet Union: the Dyson Animal. I've had to pull the cat out of this thing, Alice too. It's invincible, or at least I thought it was until Eleanor spilled an entire bowl of popcorn on the kitchen floor. Confronted with two options I chose the one with the most horsepower. And it turns out popcorn can beat the Dyson.

You see what happens is the multiple kernels head up the tube (18' long at full extension) and into a tight hairpin turn prior to entering the canister. It was at the bend the popcorn ganged up and plugged hole! I was flummoxed. I was flabbergasted. If my face was a hat it would have been festooned with faux happiness. (Why the fs? I don't know). I did remove the blockage using a wooden spoon and then I got out the trusty hand-broom and dustpan.

My vacuum would still kick your vacuum's butt...unless you have a Dyson Animal and then it would be a tie. But wait, I bet I maintain my filters better than you so my Dyson is probably stronger than your Dyson. For some reason I had a Coke Zero after 8:30 PM. Sorry, it gets my mind going. Goodnight now.

No comments:

Post a Comment