Saturday, March 27, 2010

Enough Already, Please Go Home.

Today is the last day we are hosting Wendi and her men, Shawne and Connor. Here is a timeline of the day:

7:50 AM we awake, the kids huddle around Wendi and snuggle.
8:30 AM: we eat breakfast, get cleaned up, dressed and ready to depart for the airport about 10:45 AM. Wendi's plane is scheduled to depart at 12:20 PM. I took this lovely picture of Connor and his cousins about 10 AM. Please note Connor did his hair and looks at least 2 years older.
11:30 AM: We all go to the airport, we say our goodbyes, and the Dares head to Target.
1:00 PM We return from Montrose. I arrive in the driveway about 10 minutes after Jacci. Jacci relays the news that Wendi's flight is cancelled and they are staying another day. The report is that the flight attendant got spray diarrhea* and had to be taken from the airport in an ambulance. The plane may or may not have to be disinfected. I have to return to Montrose to pick them up.

2:30 PM: I take this picture of the ladies watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Seriously...I enjoyed the 5 days but it's really time for you to go home.
Actually, the extra 3 hours we got to spend with Wendi and her family were wonderful. The girls did more bonding. Shawne and I planned Christmas in Colorado and I got to play frisbee with Eleanor and Connor. The weather was wonderful. When I returned with Wendi and her family to the airport for the third time today we learned that their stay would not be extended another night. I told my sister I would miss her a lot and that I loved her. Right now Wendi, Shawne, and Connor are on a plane home. We hope to see each other again very soon.

FYI: Guys, we found a sweet Mexican restaurant that we all can enjoy during your next visit.


*Actual symptoms may have differed from spray diarrhea.

2 comments:

  1. MMmmmmm we're eating their again very very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a good lookinh family, that husband is some good looking guy!

    ReplyDelete